WTM presents some dealers who really know their business.
By BRITTA ROSSANDER
Hertig Johans Gata 14, Skövde
With branches on Köpmangatan in the same city as well as in Särnmarkshuset, Lidköping. At Pagoldhs Ur, the staff makes sure to deliver top quality in the choice of brands as well as after sale service. The company is an authorized retailer of brands like Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Tag Heuer, Rado and Longines, and they have their own workshop that can handle service and repairs of any brand.
– I started working for Pagoldhs Ur 34 years ago, and the business has grown constantly since then because of all the energy my wife and I have committed to the company, says owner Jari Koivusaari.
– We have never made any compromises concerning quality, and we will always stay true to this philosophy. We always aim at improving quality, service and assortment. Jari’s best advice to watch buyers is to do your shopping at a local store. This makes sure that the customer will have the best possible support for the future.
BO BERGGREN UR,
Biblioteksgatan 4, Stockholm
In the watch store Bo Berggren Ur, the third Berggren generation has taken over. Petter Gillis, son of Ola Berggren, made the decision just about a year ago to follow in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps.
– We have mainly specialized in Patek Philippe, which is our number one brand. We also share some similarities with Patek’s business philosophy, also we are both still family-owned operations, Petter says.
– Our philosophy is to only deal with quality watches in the absolute top segment, and besides Patek, our brands are Omega, Hublot, Breitling, Bvlgari and Hermès. We choose to work with quality products because it gives a lasting continuity and is the opposite of today’s wear-and-tear lifestyle. Petter’s best piece of advice for anyone who is thinking about buying a watch is to choose a model that you can picture yourself wearing for many years into the future.
– Sure, a customer may want to have more options by owning a number of watches. But I have found that many of our customers stay true to their older watches, which I see as a positive thing. A watch is a classic accessory, and mixing vintage with newer watches in your collection is in my opinion a marvelous idea.
Nybrogatan 23, Stockholm
– Our specialty is quality watches at reasonable prices. We pick our brands with great care and are retailers for Bell & Ross, U-Boat, Maurice Lacroix, Frédérique Constant, Alpina, Girard Perregaux and Perrelet, owners Mathias Fredriksson and Carl Christensson tell us. The boys’ advice for future watch buyers is as follows:
– Listen to your heart! Choose your watch based on your own style and preferences, rather than just going along with some trend. If you are looking for more than one watch, select different types for different situations, like maybe a sports watch for leisure and a more classic model to wear at the office. Mathias and Carl both have always had a great passion and interest in watches, and feel privileged to be able to work with something so close to their hearts.
– Working with quality products is really stimulating, and we put a lot of value in the positive feedback from our customers. In 2014 we will rebuild the store and introduce two new top brands, for one of which we will have exclusive rights in the Swedish market.
Drottninggatan 39, Stockholm
With branches Wohlin Urhandel, Biblioteksgatan 12, Time Shop, Kungsgatan 43, and Step In Watch Center, Drottninggatan 66 – all in Stockholm. At Franks Ur, the utmost level of service can be expected. The customers are faithful and often recommend Franks Ur to their friends. Located at the popular pedestrian shopping street Drottninggatan, Franks Ur is a popular address for tourists who love watches.
– I always look forward to being able to offer the very best, says Roger Lakhwani from the owner family.
– Today we have many great brands in our portfolio, and have exclusive rights for the amazing prestige brand Glashütte Original. We will shortly carry out an extensive rebuild of our Drottninggatan store, focus on our most exclusive brands and introduce two new brands. Roger’s advice to customers:
– If you are thinking about shopping on the Internet, be careful and think twice. It’s easy to fall for a deal that sounds too good to be true. When you are interested in a particular brand, always check the brand’s website to find the authorized retailers. The buyer should feel safe and confident in knowing he or she will be able to have the watch serviced by a serious dealer who has earned the trust of the manufacturer. For further advice, have a chat with your local watch dealer.
Jarl Sandin Ur och Guld,
Kungsgatan 67, Gothenburg
A store where customers can learn more through seminars where skilled watchmakers tell the stories of movement constructions and watch history. Some of the brands in these seminars have been IWC, Omega, Breitling, Tag Heuer and Halda.
– Just like before, we will continue to accept trade-ins of used watches when a client is looking for something new, which has been greatly appreciated among those who own several watches, says owner Torulf Sandin.
– We offer a unique level of service and competence. For example, our staff can explain the differences between IWC’s three tourbillon movements and tell you how they work. If a watch has a deep scratch, we have methods of building up the steel with laser to make the scratch disappear. Torulf Sandin tells us that when the mechanical and automatic watches finally made their comeback after the 1970’s and 80’s era of digital watches, he and his staff decided not to be left on the platform when the train took off.
– A whole industry of extreme quality was back. Listening to the sounds of a quality movement is as satisfying as having a V12 engine under your hood – but the watch is a lot easier to bring with you anywhere you go. Torulf’s advice to an interested customer would be: When making your choice, dare to follow your dreams!